A Faction in Masters of Raana is an interactable world entity with a Power Value than can be affected by various ways.
Factions play an important role in certain quests, in Investment opportunities and how Ikaanos evolves during the Political Event Phase (Conclude Day). The MC can interact with a faction through commerse, donations or battles.
Faction variables[edit | edit source]
- Soldiers/Fighters: The number of active, spendable members.
- Power value: A general value that expresses a Faction's influence over the world. If this reaches 0, the faction is permanently disabled.
- Treasury: A faction's spendable money.
- Focus: -
- Standing: Your (The MC's) standing toward the faction.
Governing variables ("Head of state" only)[edit | edit source]
- Corruption: XXX
- Control: XXX
- Prosperity: XXX
See Political Events for more information...
The MC's Faction[edit | edit source]
Existing factions (starting Power)[edit | edit source]
- House Halidor (The MC)
- The republic (22,000)
- The Kymanto Syndicate
- House Cyker
- House Teresto
- House Bellemme
- Catholic Church
- The Caliphate
- Preacher's Hall
- The cult of the Elder
- The order of the red tide
- The Scandinavian tribes
- The Carozza family (mobsters)
- Warlord 1 (planned)
- Warlord 2 (planned)
- Warlord 3 (planned)
Sub-factions[edit | edit source]
Certain minor factions might have a small effect on political events while not being integrated (read: fully affectable) in the faction system.
- Dockyard Punks
- Red Tigers